Welcome to our Academy.
George Betts is a caring, disciplined and happy environment. Pupils are provided with many opportunities to develop spiritually, socially, physically and intellectually in order to ensure that we are all ‘Learning for Life’.
The Aims of the Academy
- to be a centre of excellence for learning and teaching
- to provide a welcoming, secure and stimulating environment
- to expand pupils’ vision and raise their expectations
- to value and encourage lifelong learning
- to respect the rights of, and care for each other
- to embrace new technologies and apply them to learning
- to develop an awareness and respect for the environment
- to encourage personal development, responsibility and social awareness
- to provide equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, age, religion or disability
- to recognise and celebrate the culturally diverse nature of our society
These aims are embraced by the school’s mission statement; Learning for Life