Online safety is a vital component of education in the digital world our children are growing up in. The online world can be incredibly valuable and enriching, but it can also be dangerous if the right skills and knowledge are not shared. This is the case for our parents as well as our children.
Below are a collection of resources that you can use to develop your own knowledge and understanding or to help your children understand the risks.
As always, if you have any concerns or questions please contact the school and we will do everything we can to help.
- The Elliot Foundation guide for safe and happy children – with links to various internet safety sites and information.
- UK Safer Internet Center – guides for social media platforms, general tips and help for a range of online safety topics. https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-centre/social-media-guides
- Parent Info – many different guides and information sources. https://parentinfo.org/
- Internet Matters – Range of internet safety advice for all ages. Specific gaming advice is included. https://www.internetmatters.org/advice/
- THINK U KNOW – Well resourced site that covers a wealth of topics with resources and guides for nearly every concern.https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/